Looking for Second Citizenship?
Dominica warmly welcomes you to partake in its Citizenship by Investment Programme.
Fully endorsed by the Honourable Roosevelt Skerrit, Prime Minister of the Commonwealth of Dominica, the Dominica Citizenship by Investment Programme is one of the world’s longest-running options for economic citizenship. It allows applicants from around the globe to gain citizenship of Dominica in return for a contribution toward the nation’s future.
Dominica’s citizens, whether on the island or abroad, constitute ‘Dominica’s Global Community’ – a term that in itself captures the warmth and inclusivity of this island-nation and its people. The Global Community enables those who seek a second citizenship to belong to an international network, regardless of geography.
To help get you started on your journey to second citizenship, here are 4 sections of our website worth exploring further:
1. Benefits of Dominican Citizenship
There are numerous benefits to being a citizen of Dominica. Among these are:
- Visa-free travel to over 120 countries and territories
- Full rights to live and work in Dominica if you so choose to
- Living in a peaceful and welcoming country for life, in the knowledge that you have contributed to its prosperity through an outstanding citizenship by investment programme
For a full list of benefits visit the benefits page.
2. The Investment Options
To be eligible for citizenship of the Commonwealth of Dominica under its Citizenship by Investment Programme, you must select one of two options:
- A contribution to the Economic Diversification Fund (EDF) amounting to a minimum of USD 100,000.
- An investment in designated real estate with a value of at least USD 200,000.
A full list of approved real estate projects can be found here.
3. How to Apply
There are a few simple steps to applying for citizenship. The first step is to choose an agent from our list of Authorised Agents. Applications for citizenship cannot be submitted directly to the Citizenship by Investment Unit (CBIU) and must only be handled by an Authorised Agent.
To contact an Authorised Agent, please select one from our Authorised Agents list.
4. Frequently Asked Questions
Whether you’re just starting your journey to second citizenship, or you are someone who has been researching Dominica and its Citizenship by Investment Programme for some time, it is helpful to have all the information to hand. Three useful sources of information include:
- FAQs – There is a list of FAQs on this website to help you through the various stages of obtaining Dominican citizenship.
- Brochure – We have compiled a brochure to assist you, which you can download here.
- Further Questions – If you have any further questions our Authorised Agents will happily assist you.
Thank you for visiting the official Dominica CBIU website. Please feel free to explore the information provided here either from the menu above or links below.