There are many ways to acquire a second citizenship. The most common routes tend to be through marriage or birth-right, but there’s another a path that many are beginning to consider – citizenship by investment.
Citizenship by investment refers to the process in which an applicant can make a substantial contribution to the economy of their chosen country. In turn, the host country grants the applicant citizenship, and thus the passport, of its nation.
The Dominica Programme
Since 1993, Dominica’s Citizenship by Investment Programme has been considered one of the strongest citizenship programmes in existence. It has been ranked the #1 programme for a third consecutive year by the CBI Index, an annual report published by the Financial Times’ Professional Wealth Management magazine.
- Visa-free travel to 120 countries, including Europe’s Schengen Area, the United Kingdom, Singapore, and Hong Kong
- Applications processed in 90 days
- No travel or residency requirement
- Citizenship can be passed to future generations
Dominica’s Citizenship by Investment Programme gives you two straightforward routes to obtain their citizenship.
- A contribution to the Economic Diversification Fund (EDF) amounting to a minimum of USD 100,000. Learn more about the EDF option here.
- An investment in approved real estate with a value of at least USD 200,000. Discover all the approved real estate projects here.
Credit: Cabrits Resort Kempinski and Anichi Resort & Spa. All real estate projects here.