Dominica Real Estate Investment Option
To qualify for Dominican citizenship under the real estate option of its Citizenship by Investment Programme, an applicant must purchase a unit of an Approved Project worth at least US$200,000. Real estate must be held for either three years from the date citizenship is granted or, if the future purchaser is also a Citizenship by Investment applicant, five years from the date citizenship is granted.
If the application for Dominica citizenship by real estate investment is approved, the following government fees also apply:
- US$25,000 (twenty-five thousand United States dollars) for the main applicant;
- US$35,000 (thirty-five thousand United States dollars) for the main applicant and up to three dependants;
- US$50,000 (fifty thousand United States dollars) for the main applicant and up to five dependants;
- US$25,000 (twenty-five thousand United States dollars) for any additional qualified dependant;
In addition to the capital required for Dominica real estate investment, the following fees are also applicable:
- Processing fees – US$1,000 per application
- Due diligence fees – US$7,500 for the main applicant, US$4,000 for a spouse and US$4,000 for any dependants aged 16 or above.
In some cases, enhanced due diligence fees may be required depending on current citizenship status, and other personal circumstances.
- Certificate of naturalisation fee – US$250 per person
- Mandatory Interview Fees – US$1000 per interview
Enhanced due diligence fees apply to Iranian Applicants and can be viewed here.
Real Estate Payment Information
The applicant is responsible for paying the full Real Estate Option fees required under the laws and regulations governing the Dominica Citizenship by Investment Programme. Therefore, when making a bank transfer, the applicant must also cover any bank charges so the Government receives the money in full.
Full minimum Real Estate Fees are expressed in United States dollars (USD). However, the Government will accept payments in euros (EUR) and pounds sterling (GBP).
IMPORTANT: Any payments in EUR or GBP must be equivalent to or greater than the minimum Real Estate Option amount in USD. Any payment that falls below this on the day the payment is processed will be rejected as insufficient.