The Government price is the official price of the Dominica Citizenship by Investment programme. There are no official promotions or discounts.
Become an Authorised Agent
To become an Authorised Agent in Dominica, an individual or firm must pay the Authorised Agent’s fee, and sign a written agreement with the Government agreeing to adhere to the terms and conditions of the Citizenship by Investment Programme. As a matter of policy, such Authorised Agents must reside in Dominica and be subject to the jurisdiction of Dominica.
An Authorised Agent may have sub-agents and promoters, for which the Authorised Agent is responsible. Authorised Agents must register sub-agents and promoters with the Government of Dominica, and monitor their activities, websites, and events. The first step in becoming a sub-agent is to contact an Authorised Agent from the list available. You may then discuss the role of sub-agent directly with the Authorised Agent.
What is an Authorised Agent
Authorised Agents are licensed by the Citizenship by Investment Unit to act on behalf of applicants in relation to their applications under the Dominica Citizenship by Investment Programme. At present, Dominica only allows applications for citizenship by investment to be submitted through an Authorised Agent.
As a matter of policy, Authorised Agents must reside in Dominica and be subject to the jurisdiction of Dominica. Applicants for an Authorised Agent’s licence are vetted by the Citizenship by Investment Unit at a cost of US$7,500 (the same cost that applies for a main applicant for citizenship by investment).
Role of the Authorised Agent
- Liaise with the Citizenship by Investment Unit in relation to an application
- Receive and digest policies and guidance issued by the Government and Citizenship by Investment Unit
- Provide guidance as to forms and documentary requirements, including translation, certification, and legalisation requirements
- Perform KYC checks on all applicants and submit such checks to the Citizenship by Investment Unit together with the application
- Ensure the accurate dissemination of information on the Citizenship by Investment Programme across all channels
- Support and monitor sub-agents and promoters
Authorised Agents are deemed responsible for all promotions, advertisements, or publications in relation to the Citizenship by Investment Programme that are disseminated publicly, whether by the Authorised Agents themselves or by their sub-agents or promoters. Therefore, Authorised Agents who do not want to lose their licence will:
- Train and provide guidance to their sub-agents/promoters
- Monitor their sub-agents/promoters
- End their relationship with sub-agents/promoters who fail to properly promote the CBI Programme
- Authorised Agents must register with the Citizenship by Investment Unit, a process that involves:
- 1) Paying a fee of US$5,000; and
2) Signing a written agreement with the Government agreeing to adhere to the terms and conditions of the Citizenship by Investment Programme.
- Authorised Agents must also register all persons or entities who act or are to act as sub-agents or promoters on behalf of, in conjunction with, or in relation to the Authorised Agent.
- Authorised Agents must pay an annual fee of US$2,000 for each promoter the Authorised Agent engages, collaborates with, or otherwise uses in relation to the Citizenship by Investment Programme (due on 31 January).
In 2017, an incentive scheme was introduced for successful applications made under the EDF option of the Citizenship by Investment Programme. The incentive allows Authorised Agents to receive a payment of 10% of the value of the contribution, exclusive of fees.